| Read Time: 2 minutes | Personal Injury

First, it says you shouldn’t reward uninsured motorists, drunk drivers, and criminals for breaking the law.

The proposition drew attention to “lawbreakers” recovering damages from law-abiding citizens for injuries they sustained due to crimes they committed prior to the enactment of this law.

This law protects people who have been affected by a car accident, where the cause of the accident was another person, if you do not have active insurance at the time of the accident, you can file a lawsuit with a lawyer to recover the damages caused to your vehicle and your person.

Proposition 213 prohibits the recovery of non-economic losses in certain accidents.

With one exception, an uninsured driver or a driver later convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (“drunk driving”) at the time of an accident cannot sue the responsible party for non-economic losses. They can only be sued for economic losses.

An uninsured motorist who is injured by a drunk driver can still sue to recover the drunk driver’s non-economic losses.

So, if you are injured in a car accident, the first thing you should do is schedule a free consultation with Weinberg Law Offices, there may be strategies for seeking compensation that are not immediately known.

Our goal is to present our clients with all of their options from day one.

We will take care of handling your case and we will communicate with you constantly to keep you informed in all aspects of your case.

To schedule a free consultation with the Attorneys at Weinberg Law Offices, please call us at 818-697-1079 or contact us online.

Author Photo

As a personal injury attorney, my mantra is that there is no such thing as a “small case”. I will give 100% matter how big or small a case may be. I am fluent in English, Hebrew, and Spanish, languages which I use regularly in my practice.

Rate this Post
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars