Uber and Lyft are the most used private transport platforms these days, and they have become everyday for many people who use them very often.
However, you should know the following data and information in case you suffer a vehicle accident using any of these applications.
For starters, no matter who was at fault for the accident, you’re already entitled to compensation from Lyft or Uber since you’re a passenger on that ride.
But for this we will give you some tips on what to do after having suffered said accident:
- The paramount thing is your safety and your state of health, check that you are well, if you have injuries or injuries due to the accident, and if so, call the ambulance and the police so that they assist you and can treat your injuries and injuries. If necessary, go to the emergency room at a nearby hospital.
- Try to make a police report so that there is evidence of the event and at the same time get the corresponding information from the parties involved in the accident, this will help the lawyer you hire to carry out the due legal process for your case.
- Do not answer calls or emails from Lyft/Uber insurers, since they are trying to conclude the claim with the least compensation possible, since their main objective is to disburse the least amount of money and wash their hands of those affected.
- Hire a lawyer for your case, in the previous point the main reason for hiring an injury lawyer was seen, your lawyer will advise you in the best way for the continuity of your medical treatment and at the same time legal advice to receive the best compensation you deserve.
How Much Can I Get for a Lyft/Uber Accident as the Injured Person?
These particular cases are different from most car accidents on a day-to-day basis, as claims are handled in different stages depending on the following factors:
- If you are the driver of a private vehicle, and you are hit by an Uber/Lyft vehicle, you will have to take into account if the Uber or Lyft vehicle was not working on the application at the time of the accident, the normal insurers will take care of damages and compensation.
- If the Lyft/Uber driver was on the app but had no passengers, they would only be covered by Liability Insurance up to $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident total for injuries.
- In the event that the Lyft/Uber vehicle was going to pick up a passenger or is carrying a passenger, the sum of the limit of said Liability Insurance amounts to more than $1 million dollars. This coverage also applies to the passenger (client) of the Lyft/Uber application.
If I Suffered an Uber/Lyft Accident, What Factors Determine the Value of My Case?
Factors that must be taken into account when making an injury claim and have weight when receiving greater compensation are the following:
- Medical expenses, including future medical expenses.
- Loss of income after and in the future of the accident.
- Psychological damage caused by the accident.
- Physical changes that affect your daily life prior to the accident.
If someone were to die in an Uber/Lyft accident, their next of kin have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the parties responsible for the accident.
The severity of a person’s injuries caused by the negligence of Lyft/Uber drivers is the most important factor when making a claim against these companies.
The more serious the injuries, the more likely they are to receive high compensation.
Having been a victim or being affected by an Uber or Lyft accident can be a life-changing event, it is important to be vigilant and seek legal advice from an expert.