In a matter of seconds, an encounter with a dog can unexpectedly turn into a traumatic experience, leading to lasting physical and emotional injuries. If you’ve suffered injuries as a result of a dog bite in California, the pathway to recovery can be complicated. However, it’s important to remember that you are not alone.
Keep reading to learn more about your rights and remedies in the aftermath of a dog bite injury, and see how the California dog bite lawyers at the Weinberg Law Offices can fight for you and your recovery today.
What Sets Our Dog Bite Lawyers Apart
When it comes to protecting and pursuing your rights after a dog bite injury, it’s crucial that you have the right attorney in your corner—someone with the legal knowledge, resources, and experience necessary to help you hold the responsible party accountable for the injuries you’ve sustained. While there are many personal injury and dog bite lawyers in and near Brentwood, CA, for you to choose from, here are a few things that set the Weinberg Law Offices apart from the rest:
- At the Weinberg Law Offices, we have a specific practice area dedicated to helping dog bite injury victims recover, so you can feel confident knowing that we have extensive experience in this particular area of the law;
- We have a wide network of medical professionals, allowing us to connect our clients with providers who can help them recover from their injuries;
- Our staff is fluent in English, Hebrew, and Spanish, allowing us to expand our reach and help a greater number of clients;
- We are honored to have earned the trust of and received many 5-star reviews from our former clients;
- When you hire our team, you will never pay for our services unless and until we obtain compensation on your behalf; and
- We always offer free, no-obligation consultations so you can discuss your case before deciding whether and how best to proceed.
If you’re not quite ready to move forward, that’s okay. We understand that selecting the right attorney for your case is no easy task. In the meantime, use our guide below to learn more about how dog bite injury cases work in California.
An Overview of California Dog Bite Injury Claims
Before proceeding with your dog bite case, there are a few things you should know. Below are some key aspects of dog bite injury claims in California to give you a better idea of what you can expect moving forward.
Common Dog Bite Injuries
Dog bites can lead to a host of injuries, from minor to severe. Below are some examples of injuries that commonly result from a dog bite accident:
- Puncture wounds,
- Lacerations and tears,
- Fractures and broken bones,
- Nerve damage,
- Scarring and disfigurement,
- Rabies and disease transmission, and
- Emotional trauma.
After sustaining a dog bite injury, no matter how minor it may seem on the surface, it’s crucial to seek medical attention as soon as practicable.
Who Is Responsible for My Dog Bite Injuries Under California Dog Bite Law?
If you have been bitten by a dog in California, you may be able to hold the dog’s owner responsible for any injuries you sustained.
Under California law, the dog’s owner will be liable regardless of whether the dog bite occurred in a public place or on private property, including the dog owner’s private property. The owner will also be responsible regardless of whether or not the dog had a prior history of “viciousness.”
However, it’s important to note that certain exceptions exist where the dog bite victim may not have a valid legal claim under California’s dog bite statute. Thus, be sure to speak with an experienced California dog bite attorney to understand your rights and options before moving forward.
Recoverable Damages in a California Dog Bite Case
A dog bite can lead to painful and expensive consequences for the victim. Fortunately, a California dog bite injury claim can provide an avenue to help you recover. For example, recoverable damages frequently include compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses,
- Lost wages,
- Loss of future earning capacity due to your injuries,
- Disability and disfigurement,
- Pain and suffering, and
- Emotional trauma.
The total amount of damages you may be entitled to recover will ultimately depend on the extent and severity of your injuries. An experienced attorney can help you determine what your claim might be worth.
Do I Need to Hire a Dog Bite Law Firm to Pursue a CA Dog Bite Injury Claim?
Many people ask whether they need an attorney to help them pursue their California dog bite injury claim. In short, no, you are not required to hire legal counsel. Nevertheless, doing so is strongly recommended in many cases.
An experienced dog bite attorney can be an asset to your case and can help you:
- Understand your legal rights;
- Gather critical information and evidence to help support your claims;
- Draft and file important court documents;
- Negotiate a potential settlement with the opposing party, their insurer, and their legal counsel; and
- Represent your interests and argue on your behalf in court.
Thus, before proceeding with your dog bite injury claim, consider working with a qualified law dog bite firm that can help you pursue your case.
Weinberg Law Offices: Your Trusted Brentwood, CA, Personal Injury and Dog Bite Injury Lawyers
A dog bite injury can impact nearly every facet of your life. And while the pathway toward recovery is not always easy, the Weinberg Law Offices will be there with you at every step to fight for the results you need and deserve.
Our goal is to get you healthy while also maximizing your monetary compensation. So, if you have been injured in a dog bite accident in or near Brentwood, CA, don’t wait—contact the Weinberg Law Offices today to discuss your case with an experienced dog bite injury attorney who will fight for your rights moving forward.
Disclaimer: This content should not be construed as legal advice.